By Loretta Worters, Vice President – Media Relations, Triple-I
The insurance coverage trade contributed greater than $1 billion to charitable endeavors in 2022, in line with an unbiased assessment by the Insurance coverage Trade Charitable Basis (IICF).
Alongside the trade’s charitable giving, the IICF Philanthropic Giving Index revealed different group contributions in 2022, demonstrating the trade’s dedication to giving and volunteerism:
- 137,300 nonprofit companions and causes acquired assist
- 7.5 million volunteer hours had been served
- 94,000 insurance coverage professionals volunteered
These numbers had been introduced on November 15, Nationwide Philanthropy Day, which is widely known by fundraising professionals, authorities leaders, foundations, companies, particular person donors and others who want to honor all of the contributions philanthropy has made.
“Philanthropy Day supplies a chance to replicate on the which means of giving and all that the insurance coverage trade has achieved,” mentioned IICF Vice President and Chief Program Officer Elizabeth (Betsy) Myatt. With analysis assist from Triple-I, IICF reviewed knowledge from 120 firms, consultant of all sectors of the insurance coverage trade, for this snapshot of industrywide charitable giving and supporting knowledge.
“These collective philanthropic findings present the trade with a exceptional numeral illustration of the beneficiant charitable giving and assist by our many insurance coverage companies,” mentioned Myatt, who can also be the Govt Director of the Northeast Division of IICF.
IICF is a nonprofit that unites the shared strengths of the insurance coverage trade to assist communities and enrich lives by means of grants, volunteer service, and management. Established in 1994, it has served because the philanthropic voice and basis of the trade for near 30 years, contributing $47 million in group grants together with over 337,000 volunteer hours by greater than 115,000 trade professionals. IICF reinvests domestically the place funds are raised, serving a whole lot of charities and nonprofit organizations for optimum group influence.
Among the many many charities IICF awards grants to are:
- KiDS NEED MoRE, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable group devoted to enhancing the lives of kids and households dealing with life-threatening sicknesses and traumatic interruptions of the traditional childhood expertise;
- 180 Flip Lives Round, which supplies packages and providers for victims of home and sexual violence;
- Boston Scores, serving to to interrupt limitations to advance racial and gender equality;
- Nationwide Alliance on Psychological Sickness, whose mission is to assist households and people affected by psychological sickness construct higher lives by means of schooling, assist and advocacy.